It is amazing how much easier your life gets as your kids just get a little older. :) 3 1/2 and 19 months are such great ages. Especially compared to a newborn and a 2 year old. That is not the best combination. :) We have had such a fun time this week just playing together. The girls still disagree of course, but they are starting to play together a little bit and I am excited to see how their friendship develops.


This week I really wanted to have a fun day with them and I planned a few things the night before. We had a blast painting (crayola washable paints are the best) and posing for Valentine's cards. Happy Valentine's Day! (a little early)


Here are some updates on the girls of ages and stages. Jessica loves her preschool and her friends in the court. Some of her best friends range from her age to 1 1/2 years older and younger. She informed us the other day that all of her best friends were big girls. We asked what about Jonah? She said- okay- big girls and big boys. What about Duncan (age 2) "He's a big boy" What about mommy? "She's a big girl..." and so on. Her favorite toys at the moment are her dollhouse she got for her birthday from Grandma Nettie, and her train. She also loves anything she can personify as a "Jessica, Mommy, Daddy, Kelsi, Pyper, Autumn, Noelle, Grace... and whoever else she can think of at the moment. She is delightful, insightful and funny as all get out. I am going to try to figure out how to add quotes. I think I will just paste them to the end of this post.


Kelsi is at such a fun age. It throws me how little hair she has because she seems so much younger, but she is really getting older and has a ton of personality. Right this moment she is trying to put a onesie on over her clothes- she has started to get interested in putting clothes on (and off), trying on shoes of all sizes (see the doll shoe below), and dressing up in beads and jewels and tutus. She is also really starting to pick up on saying words and communicating. Jes started speaking earlier and so it has been interesting- I have had to be a bit more creative communicating with Kelsi. It astonishes me how much she understands, though- and the past few weeks she has started talking quite a bit more. I finally figured out to ask her "which" thing she wanted and having her point. Such as "If you want food, go to your highchair or if you want to go to sleep, go to your crib." I will also have her point to the juice or milk or water to see what she wants to drink. Now she is starting to talk a lot more which is so helpful and reduces the frustrated screeching. :) She has such an adorable smile and a mischievous grin. She makes me laugh all of the time. Plus, she is so ticklish I just can't help myself. :)
Kelsi specifically went and got the stool from the bathroom and set it down. Then she picked up the doll shoe, sat down and spent the next several minutes trying to put it on her foot. Funny girl. :) It is only about 1 1/2 inches long.


Here are some updates on the girls of ages and stages. Jessica loves her preschool and her friends in the court. Some of her best friends range from her age to 1 1/2 years older and younger. She informed us the other day that all of her best friends were big girls. We asked what about Jonah? She said- okay- big girls and big boys. What about Duncan (age 2) "He's a big boy" What about mommy? "She's a big girl..." and so on. Her favorite toys at the moment are her dollhouse she got for her birthday from Grandma Nettie, and her train. She also loves anything she can personify as a "Jessica, Mommy, Daddy, Kelsi, Pyper, Autumn, Noelle, Grace... and whoever else she can think of at the moment. She is delightful, insightful and funny as all get out. I am going to try to figure out how to add quotes. I think I will just paste them to the end of this post.

Kelsi is at such a fun age. It throws me how little hair she has because she seems so much younger, but she is really getting older and has a ton of personality. Right this moment she is trying to put a onesie on over her clothes- she has started to get interested in putting clothes on (and off), trying on shoes of all sizes (see the doll shoe below), and dressing up in beads and jewels and tutus. She is also really starting to pick up on saying words and communicating. Jes started speaking earlier and so it has been interesting- I have had to be a bit more creative communicating with Kelsi. It astonishes me how much she understands, though- and the past few weeks she has started talking quite a bit more. I finally figured out to ask her "which" thing she wanted and having her point. Such as "If you want food, go to your highchair or if you want to go to sleep, go to your crib." I will also have her point to the juice or milk or water to see what she wants to drink. Now she is starting to talk a lot more which is so helpful and reduces the frustrated screeching. :) She has such an adorable smile and a mischievous grin. She makes me laugh all of the time. Plus, she is so ticklish I just can't help myself. :)
Kelsi specifically went and got the stool from the bathroom and set it down. Then she picked up the doll shoe, sat down and spent the next several minutes trying to put it on her foot. Funny girl. :) It is only about 1 1/2 inches long.


1 comments:
You're right. I DO need to add more pictures on my blog.
These stories and pictures are wonderful. I can picture all of it, and it makes me want to snuggle your girls. :) Give them hugs and loves from Aunt Kelley. Cute quotes, too. I love reading back over the funny things my kids have said. :)
Post a Comment