25 Random Things about me

I filled out a questionnaire about my husband on facebook, (I included it below) and decided I should probably finally fill something out about me as well. It was fun, but kind of hard. Here it is.

1. I have been to 26 countries.
2. I learned to crochet when I was 10- I actually took lessons.
3. I'm scared of having 3 kids (and hence-no I am not pregnant).
4. I lived in Saudi Arabia for 2 1/2 years and loved it.
5. I like to keep in touch with friends- I always have ever since I was young and moving around a lot (although I'm not the best at it- sorry)
6. I pronounce "sorry" with a long "o" (according to my husband)- I get it from my Mom.
7. I am a generalist- I like to get pretty good at a lot of things, but not super good at any one thing. It's weird- sometime I sabotage myself.
8. I am training for a Sprint Triathlon and loving it- It is my first time training for any sport. I especially love the biking and the swimming, but I am really nervous about the running. I need to get over it. :) But I did by new running shoes today that should help my ankles.
9. I didn't want to meet my husband at BYU- too "cliche-ish," so instead I met him in a Single's Ward at home- that is so much better. :)
10. I play the trumpet and I played in the BYU marching band and Pep Band for 2 years. (We got to go to a bowl game, and the NCAA's- which was super fun)
11. I love to cook. This love started before I was in Kindergarten.
12. I missed the kindergarten deadline by 1 month, so I stayed home with my mom for another year to "kiss and paint." I LOVED being old for my grade, and am worried about if I should put Jessica in school and have her be the youngest and littlest. (she had a late July birthday and she is tiny)
13. I used to love fun and crazy socks, but ever since I have been pregnant and had kids, I really have something against Polyester against my skin.
14. I am anti-Kraft. I never thought I liked BBQ sauce until I decided I didn't like Kraft BBQ sauce. I don't particularly like their dressings, either. I like Bull's Eye and KC Masterpiece or Ken's dressings
15. I am a Home Ec. Major. My freshmen year I was surrounded by people who were "Physics majors and knew forever that is what they wanted to do"- or all kinds of majors. I didn't want to "major" in anything- just get a lot of minors. (see #7) I finally decided to think about what I was good at and loved doing. After getting over the stigma of a Home Ec. major- I declared it and absolutely LOVED it.
15. I LOVE teaching- in any genre or age group.
17. I really need to go to bed instead of fill this out. :)
18. I don't facebook that much. Most people blog, or facebook, or scrapbook, or make home videos, or journal- I (see #7) do a little of everything- just none of them super well. :)
19. I suffered from a major guilt complex in junior high and early high school. I am mostly over it, but sometimes it still gets me.
20. I am innately a morning person, but you would never know it because my husband is a night person so I stay up too late to get up early. I do love early morning when I am rested and up, though. (Hence- I really need to go to bed).
21. I love to read cookbooks
22. I love to read period.
23. I am starting to get really interested in photography.
24. I have kept my teaching license current.
25. I absolutely love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

You know, I know you pretty well and I STILL learned something. Must have been a pretty random list. :)

meg said...

ashley, i love you =)
still want to go to thailand? let's go! the kids will understand!
(also, my word verification is "mates.")

3in3mom said...

You are so fun Ashley. Three kids isn't as bad as some fear, I had 3 in 3 and still not too crazy. . . I have an August baby and I'm not sure either. . . though she is regeistered. . . photography is a lot of fun!