Snowy days at the end of April... and lots of pics.

For our Anniversary update. We made dinner together, fed the girls and then went outside to eat where the girls ran off and played and we got to eat together. We made steak, homemade steak sauce, asparagus, homemade hollandaise (complete with consulting "Mastering the Art of French Cooking from the library), fingerling potatoes, and REALLY easy yummy artisan bread. It was delicious and probably only cost about $10 total. I highly recommend all of the recipes, although I did chicken out and not put the full amount of salt in the potatoes. The sauces MADE the meal. (Also- scroll down for a belated Easter Post)

















Today we have snow on the ground, so I pulled out some old Sculpey clay today to see what we all came up with. Jessica made gifts for Mother's day for Grandmas (shhhhh- don't tell)
And then she made this "baby in a stroller" complete with hands, feet, a dress, sleeves, eyes and pink hair. There are also 4 wheels on the bottom.






Kelsi made a bunch of small things including a "Daddy" with green eyes. I made a little "Kelsi" complete with pigtails and pink bows- her favorite color.











And a little Jessica. She chose one green and one pink "elastic" for her head.















Here they are side by side. I need to figure out how to make the eyes better. Attempting a marker after they are baked just does not cut it.

















Speaking of markers, thank goodness this one was washable. Meet my "Dalmation." Playing with her cousin Pyper.















































My sister Britt did the same triathlon I did last year and she did AWESOME!!! Congrats Britt!!!


















After her Triathlon we went to a park to hang out with her and her kids and get to know this great guy she is dating. Kelsi looked like a ragamuffin, but she had so much fun...
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, hollandaise sauce! You should post the recipe.

Richard said...

Fun stuff...So the last picture in this post and the first in the previous post show your girls "perching." It must be genetic.

Swenson Family said...

LOL Richard- that is hillarious. I had not noticed that. :) Totally genetic.

Nicole said...

Love the pictures and cute ideas. Love the little clay figures. I loved the marker dalmation best thought good thing it was washable. Glad you are doing well! keep in touch!