Imagination

A couple of days ago Jessica decided that she wanted to hop like a bunny. I tucked a washcloth in her pants and cut paper ears and attached them with a barrette. That night I was walking home from watering our garden and someone was moving and had just put a bunch of toys and books beside the dumpster. I picked out some books and found these ears! Today she decided to be a bunny again. She makes a cute bunny, huh.
Just before the bunny episode, I asked what she wanted for lunch and she said "Flowers with worms in it." Who knows where she got that from, but I decided to do it just for the fun of it. She actually ate a pretty healthy lunch. The worms were a couple of pieced of spaghetti mixed in with a few monster cookie crumbs. The "leaves and stems" were lettuce and green beans that we had just picked out of our garden. Apparently she likes raw green beans. She ate them all the way home. (We are in an apartment complex and they have garden plots, but you have to walk to them). The "flowers" were apples and ham with a bit of pepperoni with a grape and cheese for centers.
We just got back from a family reunion in Rexburg, ID where my Great Uncle Melvin has a ranch with lots of horses on it. If you have ever seen the Americanas in a parade (black horses, american flags, Roman riders), he trains them. Jes has loved horses since she could talk, but she was always too afraid to get on one. This is her first time and she hasn't stopped talking about it since.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Cute blog! We should play sometime. We don't live too far apart I don't think.

Kelley said...

Holy cow, Ash! You are way too creative. If my kids had asked me for worms and flowers for lunch, I think I may have looked at them funny and made them PBJs cut into triangles and arranged like butterflies. Maybe. That is seriously about as creative as I can get at lunchtime. My hat is off to you (if I was wearing one, that is). :)

Wendy said...

wow- go you. i think i would have just laughed and made natalie some macaroni. you are awesome!

3in3mom said...

I agree! I love your posts and your girls are ADORABLE!! I still can't believe you're married with two daugthers. . . then again, Kelley has four and I have three--gone are the days of college roomies. . .

Liz said...

Hi Ashley!
Hope you don't mind I found you from Jessica's blog. Your fam is looking great! I am also glad you put some pics of yourself on. I was thinking of you the other day when I was looking at my Taste of Home Magazine, and was wondering what you were up to. Now I see though that you are working toward Mother of the Year with awesome lunches like that!
Liz