"I've got to start listening to those quiet nagging doubts..."

Well, at least the girls are starting to play together... Sunday was the best of times and the worst of times. DJ had meetings, church, helped at Primary Children's (our ward helps staff the Sacrament Meeting periodically) and home taught from 8:00 Sunday morning to about 4:30.

The girls were FANTASTIC during church. They sat by themselves on the bench for the first part, then played with toys, read books, entertained themselves pretty well with a little help from me. Even though I was sitting by myself with the girls, I was able to listen and get so much out of the meeting. The last speaker spoke about President Monson's talk "Finding Joy in the Journey" from the last October conference. It is such a good talk and something I needed to hear this week. (I recommend that everyone read Pres. Monson's talk- It pertains so well to mom's) Both talks Sunday were SOOOO good, and they really hit home, especially this week.... I needed them. So it was great that the girls were so good so that I could listen and get so much out of the talks. (Thanks Tee and Pres. Hutchinson).

They were both so good in Primary, too. I had brought Kelsi with me since she had a runny nose and she sat on a chair beside Jessica just like all the big kids- except when a strange man (ie Sunbeam teacher) sat next to her. She looked up at him, looked back at me sitting behind her, then looked forward and her lip started to tremble and she fell apart. It was really cute. She then sat beside me until DJ got back and took her to Elder's Quorum.

After church DJ had another meeting, and when he got home (he is normally not this busy) for a short break at 3:00, I happened to be sitting at the computer reading blogs for about 6 minutes taking a respite. He asked where the girls were and I said in the back room playing. After a few moments, I thought I should go check on them. (Hence the blog title -from Calvin and Hobbes). I went in Kelsi's room and the girls had my bag of Mary Kay make-up and EVERY single thing was open- all mascara, lipstick, foundation, lipgloss, powder, other mascara and lipgloss.... Both girls jumped up- Jes had make-up all over her face ("How do I look, Mommy?") AAAAAAHHHHH! (On a really nice area rug, by the way) The miracle, is that they only got a teeny teeny amount on the carpet, which came out. The bad thing is they squoze out (is that a word) at least a third of a brand new thing of foundation- but onto paper. No- I didn't get a picture. So much for my moment of respite.

Later, after DJ got home for good, I was at the computer again enjoying a quiet moment to myself, thinking how nice it was that DJ was playing with the girls to give me a break. Someone called and I was talking on the phone and walked back and saw him on his computer on the bed... Then I had to figure out where the girls were. I heard giggling behind the bathroom door and opened it a crack- All I could see was toothpaste and toilet paper EVERYWHERE. But they were having such a grand time together. DJ said he heard Jes say "No Kelsi, no more" followed by squeals of delight and laughter. They had put every roll of toilet paper we owned in the bathtub and were taking a "toilet paper bath." They had also smeared toothpaste all over the mirror and carpet and on the edges of every roll of TP. Aren't we so excited to have toothpaste smeared toilet paper for the next 6 months. (I had just stocked up from Costco, too.) Silly girls. Again, alas no picture.

But at least they are playing together. :)

6 comments:

faith said...

wow! but, at least they were doing it together. :)

Kelley said...

Hmmm, sounds like you have reached the stage of "what one doesn't think of, the other will." Ah, what fun that is. I have learned that total silence and manic laughter are both reasons to go investigate. QUICKLY!

Hang in there, Sis.

Oh, and on another hilarious note, the word verification for today is "gustypen." Where does Blogger come up with this stuff?

Holly said...

Those talks were really good, weren't they? You are the poster mom for patience! When I was little my sister and I got into my big sister's makeup and painted our faces with lipstick like monkeys. My mom took our picture then promptly spanked us =)

Sabrina said...

Wow you sure do have your hands full!! I love the talks on Sunday as well. It defiantly was hilarious when Kelsi started crying when Bruce sat next to her. He can be a little scary looking. Jess was super sweet in class. She's so smart, I love how she yells out the answer to all the questions she's so sure of knowing. You've taught her well!=)

DREW and MICHELLE said...

Oh the fun sisters have! I remember when my sister and I naked-down and rubbed Vaseline all over us and the bathroom floor. We were "supposed" to be taking a bath but we decided to be penguins and slide on our bellies instead!
It's a good thing they're cute!
We miss you!

Dynamic duo said...

So much fun! Isn't it those moments that Pres Monson talked about? I can't wait until I can look back to all the memories I've stored up of cute kid moments.