So I've banished myself from blogging...

...At least while the girls are awake.



This hasn't been our best week...- Thankfully this week was not normal.

I don't check blogs that often, or for long periods of time, but over the past week or two, when I have happened to glance at a blog--- bad things have happened. It has just been a weird week. I think with this new playmate Jessica has found (Kelsi), she is re-testing all of the rules, such as no coloring in library books (if Kelsi does it, that means I can, too), cutting things with scissors besides paper at the table (such as her adorable striped tights). Then, after being banned from scissors for a week after the last one, the next day she found a pair of scissors somehow and cut a lock of Kelsi's hair (not her own thankfully- Kelsi doesn't have that much to lose) and various other things. (Not all of this was while blogging- just anytime I take 2 minutes to do something for me- like enjoy my lunch.) Grrrrr.

We have also started going outside again and she is re-testing all of the outdoor rules as well, such as not running down the hill (our court has a huge hill on one side that is the bane of all the mothers), pushing (only once thankfully)- just testing. She knows what the consequences are, (time-out on the stairs) she is just making sure I am watching and she still knows what to expect. With pushing though, she was really sweet and stood up for her sister. The little girl she pushed (sorry btw), a few minutes later pushed Kelsi (it is amazing how the pecking order works) and Jes ran over and said "no pushing!" (didn't push her again- yea) and then comforted Kelsi who was crying. It was really sweet and the little girl is super sweet, too.

Then Friday night we were getting all ready to have a fun family night of homemade pizza and a movie when Kelsi came to me crying with a can stuck on her hand. I had opened a can of beans for lunch and left the lid barely attached so I could drain it and thrown it away. (Never do that btw- I have learned my lesson) Kelsi found the can, stuck her hand in and had the "raccoon" syndrome where she couldn't get it out. I was VERY carefully trying to maneuver her hand so I could get it out when she panicked and YANKED it out- slicing her finger thoroughly. We looked at it, got a bandaid on it and it stopped bleeding. We were debating whether we should take her to the InstaCare (while Jes was getting all excited and set to watch the movie) when we took her bandaid off. It started bleeding profusely and was a mangled mess. We decided DJ would handle the stitches better, and I needed positive one on one time with Jes so he took Kelsi. The nurses were great and she handled it so well. I think she was still in shock at the InstaCare because after they cleaned it, she was squeezing it and laughing when the blood came out. Gross, huh. She only cried/screamed- what is the word inbetween- when they gave her a shot to numb the stitching. It is hard to tell whether she got 4 or 5 stitches from the looks of it. She is such a trooper. Whenever we change her bandaid, she sits so still, holds her hand out and watches. She is such a sweet girl.
And as an update- this week so far is going better.

1 comments:

bonnie jack said...

oh, that poor sweet girl. what a cutie.